29 Sep Pea Soup
Posted at 14:03h in Recipes
Recipe by Pieter Dijkstra, Chef de Cuisine at A Spice of Life
Photo By Joe Lavine
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ pound potato, peeled and diced
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peas
- 3 cups water or light vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook shallots with a pinch of salt in oil until translucent.
- Add potato and cook until soft.
- Add peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Puree mixture with water or broth in blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine sour cream and 1 tablespoon water.
- Drizzle loose cream over soup for garnish.
Number of servings (yield): 6